Over 20 Ideas for Kids Pinterest Inspired Fun Summer Projects from Thrift Store Shops!
I have scoured the internet but I can’t find the article I recently read about how every year ambitious parents make plans with their children every summer …We are going to take them to the library to get books and end paying more for library fees than the book was even worth! Well, I would like to help you not just save money with books but I have over 20 Thrift Store Ideas (garage sales & Dollar Stores) to do with your kids this summer!
I have been there for so many summers … trying to come up with creative ideas and I sooo wish I would have had this list of ideas when my kids were younger …. even though they are teens now we are still working on this list!
I have over 20 Ideas for you by shopping at your local thrift store!
- Books … no LATE Fees!!!!!
- Clothing to cut up, paint, add decals, learn to do alterations …. so many options!
- Crafts … repaint, bejewel, add fur or trim to little knick-knacks
- Cook Books … I found a great cook-book for kids that I am going to attempt to teach my kids to cook
- Games ….. all types of games for under $5 (or even re-create a game with existing pieces!)
- Maps … I found a Large U.S. and World Map for $2.99 each, we are going to do some “fact finding” games this summer!
- Costumes … create a box of costumes for plays or dress-up (use them over at Halloween)
- Custom Jewelry … buy a bag of “junk” jewelry, its all the broken odds & ends, to create “one-of-a-kind” pieces
- Bracelets out of old watches (add pictures to the face)
- Think “outside the pot” … use creative items to make unique planters
- Tea-Cup Bird Feeder
- Stencil your clothing
- Vintage handbags into picture frams
- Christmas ornaments from salt & pepper shakers
- Paint glass jars
- Paint, decopage or fabric a piece of furniture
- DIY kitchen set
- Create a shadowbox of your kids favorite toys (that they have outgrown!)
- Paint & Decorate Frames
- Create cute cake plate stands
- Create an Art Suitcase!
- Cover a piece of furniture in marbles
- Repurpose your maps
- Crafts with recycled toys
- Make a “Dress-Me” book with their baby clothes (darling way to preserve them)
- Home Made Popcorn in a Whirly Pop …. Tons of yummy ideas to make with homemade popcorn!
Do you have any creative idea’s that you want to do with your children over the summer?